Monday, November 3, 2008

Task One in Rawafed Private School


Task One: What Is A School?
Task A:-
My first practicum was in Al Rawafed Private School. 23rd of September 2008 was my first day there. This school has two branches one of them for girls and the other one for boys. My experience was in the girl school. This school has different level starting from kindergarten to high school. The classes from kindergarten until fourth grade are mixed, but the older grades are only for girls. The primary and preparatory students have a different break time than the secondary students. What I notice it that the all staff is not local and they are from different countries such as Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and South Africa but most of the teachers from Lebanon. The principle of Al Rawafed Private School is Mrs. Fadia Al Jabri and the academic coordinator is Mrs. Suha Takieddine. Also, both of them are from Lebanon. The type of curriculum which was followed in the school is American System. Also, the timings are from 7:30am- 2:30 pm, but on Ramadan it’s 9:00am- 1:30 pm.

The school is not big not small that mean medium, but it’s enough for 1500 Student, 87 Teachers and 105 Stuff. Beside that school has many physical resources and facilities such as ICT lab and Science lab, Gym, Pool, library, Playground, Auditorium and book store. The library contains many books for different levels. Also, science labs prepared with necessary materials. The school has special events such as International Day, Healthy Food Day, Literature Week and open house. In addition, the school has extracurricular activities or afterschool activities: Football, Volleyball, Basketball, French, Drama, Music and Art. I think there is no special day for parent teacher meetings but there is conference requested by the teacher or the parent.

The mission and objectives of the School: It’s to offer quality education to the local and expatriate community that will prepare the students for further education both here and abroad. The school Logo is a light come out from book. Finally, there are many policies for the school but the most major policies as I see were four. First, attend all classes on time and be quietly seated before the starting bell. Second, avoid vandalism, respect school property and the property of others. Third, on playground, avoid playing rough games. Finally, mobile phones are not allowed on school premises.
Task B:-
On Tuesday we went to Rawafed private school. We arrived on 10 am but what choked us that doors are looked and there were no Security Guard also. We spend 10 minutes waiting someone to open the door for as. After our Dr. Issa calls they open the door for us. In the reception Ms. Suha Takiddine perceived us and tells each of us about her class and my class is 2B. Also, she Guide each of us to her class but my class they have break so I decided to come later. When the bell ring I went bake to my class but the teacher didn’t show up yet. First thing I notice was the door. It was colorful and the Ms Name was written on it. Also, there was poster next to the door and it was written on it the world’s best class. After that I was looking at the students and one of them shot to me and said’’ Who are you and what you want’’ I was choked and I didn’t know what should say, but there is another student said to him “leave her alone” and I became happy and he became my hero in that class. I notice that there are two boards and each board is divided to two parts and each part for specific subject. After that my teacher Natalie came and I introduced myself to her and she introduces me to the class as student teacher and they said “Good morning Teacher”. I felt extremely happy. I went to the bake of class and sit there after that Falah “My hero” comes and sit next to me. There were 20 students in the class. She starts the class by filling down the “Colander companion’’. Which include: Today, yesterday, tomorrow, month, season, year, weather and how many days they have been in the school. What I like about it is everyone was very exciting and full of energy. Even the teacher was active and trying helps the student in fanny way. After they fill the colander companion they start the science class. The lesson was about Living and non- living thing. They make poster for it the kids help her making it and they divided the photos and she helps them. After that she start wrote the lesson in the board and the students wrote after her. When she finish, she make sure that everyone write the lesson right by walking around and see there not book. In the end she corrected for them and sticks paper which include some of question for the lesson, so they can review in home because she asked them to put science book on the shelf because it so big and heavy for them.








Task C:-
When I was outside the school I said I will defiantly like this experience in this school because it’s look good from outside. And it’s true it’s was good experience. I believe everything have good sides and bad sides. What I didn’t like about it that the space in the Administration is very small and his corridors are narrow. In my view, the administration place is very crowded and not orderly. Also the offices are small because when we go to the administrator office it wasn’t enough for all of us just for our teacher and two of us. And every one was waiting at the door. But we can’t ignore the good sides. Like the environment of school it just like home for those kids. It’s really clean and every two or four classes have restroom and there is someone to make sure that they don’t have problem. Also, they have book store if anyone want anything. In addition, they have big playground which is covered big sunshade, so the kids don’t exposed to sunlight. I only attend on class but when Ms. Suha was guide each of us I notes that some classes are big and wider and some of them are small. I defiantly like the big one because if its kids classes room then they need more space to feel comfortable, easy to walk around and not taut. In my class I like everything is color full and there many boards stokes inside of class. Some of them teacher make it, some of them student make it with the teacher in the class room. Also, these boards reflect the topic under study, so it’s regularly changed. Furthermore, I like the shelves which are in the back of the class room, so the student can put their books and if they want to review they have their not book which they write down the important not because their books are very heavy, big and hard for them to carry it every day. In the end, what I taught from this observation what I want to do and exsiectlly where I want to be in the future.

No comments: